How do I register my business for Google Business Messages (GBM)?
When a user finds a brand that you manage in Google Search or Google Maps, the search results display a Message option. When the user clicks Message, they can send messages to the brand's agent. The agent lets you receive and respond to the user's messages.
When you register as a partner with Business Messages, you can enable conversations between users and brands by creating agents—conversational entities that represent business functions, such as website support, and brand locations.
Agent: A conversational representation of a brand, managed by a partner. Includes any interface users interact with and any code or infrastructure required to power the interaction.
Before you begin you will need:
- Google Account (This should be a google account using your branded email such as email@example.com NOT myName@gmail.com)
- GMB Account (Your business should be registered and verified with Google My Business: Click Here to learn more about setting up a GMB account.)
- Partner Name (Usually this is your business name or the business you are setting up the GBM account for.)
- Google Cloud Platform (You will need a GCP account to set up a project needed to associate the GBM account with: Click here to learn more about setting up a GCP account.
First you will need to create a Google Cloud Platform Project:
- Sign in to Google Cloud Platform with your Google account. Click here to take you there.
- Create a new project. Enter your company name for Project Name. Then click create. Click here to take you there.
- In Project info, note the Project number value. You need this value to register your GCP project.
Don't use the name of a brand you manage for Project name. If you manage multiple brands, you can use the same GCP project for all of the brands.
After Google registers your project, Google sends you a confirmation email with your partner information, including a Partner ID and an Partner key (formerly "CRM key" or "authorization key"). Be sure to copy this information and keep it safe.
Now you are registared with Google Business Communications.
If you are enabling this feature on google so you can use the Business Massaging Feature on our Conversations app, you will also need to create "Agent". Click here for directions on creating an agent.
Is a Google My Business listing required?
In order to gain access to Google's API, we must submit an application. Owning a Google My Business listing tied to your business is a prerequisite to submit the form. The following steps are required to submit an application to receive your GMB API ...
How do I add Conversations to a user's account?
You can add Conversations by logging in to your Reseller Dashboard and selecting the account you want to update. Select the pencil icon to edit the user's account. Enable the Conversations add-on. Pricing for add-ons may very depending on your ...
Can I register a domain?
Yes, if an account is in a trial or if it is an active subscription, you can purchase domains through our platform. There is no limit to how many domains you can purchase. Select the Buy & Manage Domains tile in your dashboard. Keep in mind some ...
What is the Google Ads Manager Upgrade?
Give your clients the power to create and manage Google Ads directly from your branded dashboard. They can manage every aspect of their campaigns – from beginning to launch. To Add Google Ads Manager to an account: Search for the specific account ...
Can commissions be enabled for Google Ads?
Commission is an automatic bidding strategy in which the advertiser pays a certain portion of the conversion value to an agency. You can set the percentage value on how much is added per click. Conversions can be enabled for your customers by first ...